Mash TunsBrewing Systems
Stainless Steel Mash Tun Tanks
Stainless Steel Mash Tun Tanks perfect for extracting sugars from the grains in the Brewing Process
Stainless Steel Mash Tun Tanks that Maintain the Needed Temperature
The purpose of Mash Tun Tanks is to extract sugar from the grains used.
In order to do so, it is vital to maintain a temperature of between 66°C and 69°C, and our Tuns will achieve this thanks to the insulation that we apply to all of their sides.
|Capacity||Dimensions Diameter x Height (mm)|
Thermally Insulated Stainless Steel Tank
We apply a base layer of 50mm thick of Kingspan house insulation, and then add a further layer on top of that. The result is a very thermally efficient mash tun that will maintain that temperature sweet spot of between 66°C and 69°C required for that perfect result.
External Temperature Gauge
A temperature gauge is added to the outside of the tank which makes for easy recording of the temperature of the mash inside without ever having to open the lid and risk losing some of the heat that is trapped inside.
Interior Copper Sparge Arm
At the end of the mash cycle it is necessary to ‘sparge’ the grains with hot water. We achieve this through a copper sparge arm that is mounted to the inside of the lid, allowing the sparge cycle to be completed without even having to remove the lid.
Our mash tuns all have a conical bottom which allows for complete draining of the liquid and so nothing is left behind. In order to retain the spent grains after the mash period, a perforated stainless steel filter is added just above the conical bottom, so that the run off is as clean as possible.
- Stainless steel construction. Food safe, easy to clean, long lasting
- 50mm of insulation on all sides. minimising any heat losses during the ‘mash’ period
- built in manway. to allow for easy removal of the spent grains after the mash and sparge cycle is complete.
- Copper sparge arm is incorporated into the lid meaning that the sparge can continue immediately after the mash without the need to remove the lid and suffer from heat losses
- External temperature gauge is easy to read and measures the internal temperature of the mash without lifting the lid to insert a probe or thermometer
- Stainless steel false bottom of the tun acts as a filter to retain the barley grains
Contact Latimer Ales
Give us a call on:
Phone: 01536 906050
Mobile: 07812 450988
...Or let us Call you at a time that's convenient for you